Tragic death of Ausgrid linesman during routine maintenance

sunset trees
Share

A 39-year-old Ausgrid linesman has passed away in hospital after being electrocuted while undertaking maintenance work in Sydney.

The linesman, who was a member of the Electrical Trades Union, was part of a crew from Ausgrid’s Gore Hill depot who were working on the replacement of a low voltage power pole in Lane Cove when the incident occurred.

ETU Secretary, Justin Page, said the union was offering its full support to the worker’s family and colleagues.

“Our thoughts are with his family, friends, and colleagues at this tragic time,” Mr Page said.

“The union will be working closely with Ausgrid and safety regulators to better understand the cause of this fatality, it is not appropriate to speculate on the cause of the incident today.

“Once the cause of the accident is known we will strongly advocate for appropriate improvements to safety standards and be vigilant to ensure Ausgrid and other electricity distributors put in place those measures to prevent a repeat of this tragedy.”

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Energymagazine. All rights reserved

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account