In the modern industrial sector, where efficiency and dependability are key, the significance of wireless communication has grown exponentially. However, conventional wireless technologies often fall short in providing the stringent security and reliability required for critical industrial applications.
Trusted Wireless is a new technology specifically designed for industrial use.
What is Trusted Wireless?
This technology offers a number of advantages, including:
High reliability: Trusted Wireless operates in the sub-GHz frequency band, which is less susceptible to interference than other wireless technologies. This ensures dependable communication even in harsh industrial environments.
Long range: Trusted Wireless systems can achieve communication distances of up to several kilometres, depending on the data rate and antenna configuration. This makes it ideal for applications where wired installations are impractical or impossible.
Security: Trusted Wireless incorporates advanced security features, such as encryption and authentication, to protect data from unauthorised access.
Flexibility: Trusted Wireless supports a variety of network topologies, including point-to-point, star, and mesh networks. This allows users to customise the network to their specific needs.
Scalability: Trusted Wireless systems can be easily scaled to accommodate future growth.
Some of the key features of Trusted Wireless technology:
- Frequency range: 900 MHz and 2400 MHz
- Data rate: Up to 250 kbps
- Range: Up to 32 kilometres
- Security: AES-128 encryption and authentication
- Network topologies: Point-to-point, star, and mesh
- Scalability: Easy to expand to accommodate future growth
Trusted Wireless is ideal for a variety of industrial applications, including:
- Remote monitoring and control: Monitor and control equipment located in remote or hazardous areas.
- Data acquisition: Collect data from sensors and other devices for analysis and optimisation.
- Machine-to-machine communication: Enable communication between machines for improved efficiency and automation.
Phoenix Contact offers a wide range of Trusted Wireless products, including:
- Radioline wireless modules: These modules come in a variety of form factors and can be used to create custom wireless networks.
- Radioline gateways: These gateways connect the wireless network to your existing wired network.
- Radioline antennas: A variety of antennas and accessories are available to optimise performance for different applications.
Benefits of using Trusted Wireless technology include:
- Reduced installation costs: Wireless networks are often easier and cheaper to install than wired networks.
- Increased flexibility: Wireless networks can be easily adapted to changing needs.
- Improved uptime: Wireless networks can help eliminate downtime caused by cable failures.
- Reduced maintenance costs: Wireless networks require less maintenance than wired networks.
In conclusion, Trusted Wireless technology offers a reliable and secure solution for industrial wireless communication. With its long range, high reliability, and advanced security features, Trusted Wireless Technology from Phoenix Contact is ideal for a variety of applications.
This sponsored editorial is brought to you by Phoenix Contact. For more information, visit phoenixcontact.com.