The new MPD 800 universal partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis system from Omicron represents the next generation of the company’s widely-used and innovative MPD PD testing technology.
Enhanced and newly-added hardware and software features ensure highly-sensitive multi-channel PD measurements for reliable, industry-standard PD testing on a variety of electrical equipment, such as motors and generators, power cables and power transformers.
The versatile MPD 800 system accurately detects and localises insulation defects, and helps users to reliably assess the risk of failure in electrical equipment during research and development, factory testing, site acceptance testing, as well as in-service troubleshooting for effective maintenance planning.
Powerful noise suppression and PD source separation techniques ensure reliable analysis in areas with high levels of interference. The configurable MPD 800 software enables users to select only the PD measurement and analysis features they need for specific PD tests and individualised reporting.
The MPD 800 provides IEC and IEEE standard-compliant PD testing on:
- Rotating electrical machines (motors and generators)
- Power cables (terminations and joints)
- Power transformers
- Industrial drives
- High-voltage components (i.e. bushings, insulators, capacitors and busbars)
Benefits of the system include:
- One PD testing system for all types of electrical equipment and components
- Robust and flexible for use in laboratories, testing bays and in the field
- Synchronous, multi-channel PD measurement and gating capabilities
- Advanced noise separation and PD source separation techniques for reliable analysis
- Configurable user interface for individualised PD testing and reporting
This partner content is brought to you by Omicron. For more information, head to www.omicronenergy.com/en/products/mpd-800.